Tuesday, May 24, 2011

What are you celebrating today?

I can't tell you when it started. For as long as I can remember, I have wanted to celebrate everything. Birthdays. Holidays. Anniversaries. Commemorations. Seasons. Sports. Special events. Not-so-special events. If you can pin a theme on it, I want to celebrate it. I also, coincidentally, love to feed people. Nothing makes me happier than a kitchen full of friends and family, celebrating something important--or not so important--and sharing the occasion over good food and drink lovingly prepared. By me.

So this is my homage to celebrations. Ones you would expect, and ones you maybe wouldn't. I'm no cooking genius--most of my ideas are not original, I have never taken a cooking class, or a photography class for that matter, and I make no claims on creativity or uniqueness in the cooking or blogging world. But for what it's worth, for a purposeful gathering of ways to celebrate the big and small joys of everyday life, it seemed these ideas belonged somewhere, together.

And now... on to the food!

No comments:

Post a Comment